Friday, June 05, 2009

A plethora of peas

I know, bor – ing.  But I have to post about my precious peas!  I’m so glad they worked (I had my doubts for awhile).  And they are so yummy!  

Without fail, every time I eat one, I’m reminded of being a little kid a going out to my neighbor’s (the Day’s) backyard.  She used to plant TONS of peas, and she said we were welcome anytime to come and snack on them.  So me and my friends would go back there and eat them.   I think for the rest of my life I’ll remember that.   Everything about peas; the smell, the taste, reminds me of lazy summers days, bare feet, and running around in a wet swimsuit.  Good memories! 

IMG_8864

IMG_8868

4 comments:

Rose said...

They look lovely Emily and no, not boring! I love it!!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Well I love your pea post, haha. You're so funny.

Ambo said...

Oh I'm jealous! I love peas, and they bring back good memories for me too, but of my Grandma (I never knew about the Day's peas! How did I get left out of that one?)

Cody and Jessie said...

Emily, I'm so glad you peas worked out!! I will forever have memories of eating fresh peas as a little kid too, and can't wait to plant my own next year.