Yesterday Mike and I took the kids up the canyon to Bridal Veil falls. One of my favorite things about living in Utah County is Provo Canyon. It’s so. . . gorgeous.
Poor Max wasn’t feeling great. He has a terrible case of Gingivostomatits. I don’t know what it is with my family and this illness! GRRRR! I don’t know of anyone else who’s had it. And I have no idea where he would have caught it! It’s the same thing Maddie and I got last year and it hurts so bad. He has canker sores all over the inside of his mouth. All over his lips, gums, and tongue. He can barely eat anything so he’s starving on top of it all. He’s getting no sleep and drooling like nobody’s business. Which means he’s soaking wet 90% of the time. I can’t imagine how miserable he is!
Unfortunately it’s a virus, and there’s not much we can do about it. He’s been on Advil constantly. I also have some kids Tylenol with Codeine but it tastes so bad that he won’t even swallow it. Anyway, I’m really hoping he gets better SOON!
The way pretty path we were on.
There were tons of joggers and Maddie wanted to copy them. She jogged for awhile :)
Oh, one of the best things about living here! So beautiful!
Poor Max had to stay in the stroller the whole time because of this:
I’ve only really been up Provo Canyon at the end of the summer, when the river is lazy and slow. We hop in tubes and float down it. Right now it was a raging torrent. Scary!
Maddie was excited to get her feet wet in the little pond at the bottom of the waterfall. But she hopped back out even faster than she hopped in. It was FREEZING!
I heart this picture.
Madilyn was cold after getting her feet wet, so Mike helped warm her up.
Loving this butterfly!
Mike thought it would be fun to have Max roll on his own. Much to his surprise, the stroller ended up taking off and going like 50 mph down this little hill. It veered off onto the grass and Mike was running to grab him. Max was flying away, I was yelling, people were walking by. All in all, it was embarrassing!
Just enjoying their apple slices. We stopped at a playground area and had a picnic.
I’ve noticed my whole family had Nike hats on. Haha, guess we’re advertising for them. To be fair, I had on an Adidas hat. It was such a fun day! We’ll for sure be doing it again.
3 comments:
That hike is so much fun. And I am lovin' the Nike hats! Your kids look so so so cute. I love the pictures where Maddie is "jogging". She is such a crack up! And, do I see a new stroller in these pictures?!? Fun! I love the color - I think that's my favorite of all the colors I've seen so far.
Looks like a blast! Isn't it great when you get to spend time with your kids AND your husband?! :)
lOVE IT ALL!!
Post a Comment