Friday, December 19, 2008

My Grandma's Funeral

We went up to Idaho Falls on Wednesday and Thursday for my Grandma Anderson's funeral.  It was a bittersweet experience.  The funeral was so nice, and I loved hearing all the stories about my Grandma that I'd never heard before.  Madilyn was so sweet about it all.  She could tell that everyone was sad, so she was very obedient and reverent.  She kept saying "Grandma is sleeping and it's so sad". 

Right after the casket was closed the funeral director asked us if we knew the meaning of the word "casket".  He said it means "jewelry box".  I had never heard that before and I'm so glad he shared that with us.  It was a special moment.   

My sister and brother and some of their kids at the viewing.

IMG_7467

Madilyn with her cousins Gracie and Olivia. 

IMG_7462_edited-1

IMG_7537

IMG_7470

IMG_7532

My mom telling Maddie about Grandma

IMG_7528

IMG_7521

My mom and dad.  I love this picture of them.

IMG_7517

My sweet Grandpa

IMG_7508

IMG_7503

My family, minus Marcus and Ashley

IMG_7502

6 comments:

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

I'm so sorry you lost your grandma. Thanks for sharing your feelings with us.

The Garlocks.... said...

I'm sorry, even though you have an understanding it is still hard. How is your mom doing? She looks a lot like your grandpa! What did Marcie name her baby? I cannot believe Andrews kids are SO big!!

The Carlsens said...

You have some great pictures there Emily. Ones to certainly treasure for a long time. Where was Marcus and Ashley?

Cody and Jessie said...

The picture of your grandpa is so darling. He looks like a sweetheart. That's so good that Maddie understood the atmosphere of the viewing and was so well behaved. I'm glad that you guys were able to drive safely in all that snow. Funerals are a special experience, and a good time for family to gather and bond. I hope it was a good experience for you all. :)

Cody and Jessie said...

The picture of your grandpa is so darling. He looks like a sweetheart. That's so good that Maddie understood the atmosphere of the viewing and was so well behaved. I'm glad that you guys were able to drive safely in all that snow. Funerals are a special experience, and a good time for family to gather and bond. I hope it was a good experience for you all. :)

Robin D said...

I'm sorry about your Grandma but isn't it so comforting to know you'll see her again. Those are such sweet pictures you took that really seemed to capture the moment.