Saturday, June 07, 2008

Happy (early) Father's Day!

I did a surprise for Mike for Father's day.  We went up to Sundance and did a 2 hour horse ride to the base of Summit Falls on the backside of Mount Timpanogos.  We had such a GREAT time!  It was so gorgeous up there and the horses were so fun.  I had originally scheduled us to go at 10:00 am.  But being Utah, and having CRAZY weather, they called this morning and said it was a blizzard and snowing like crazy (in JUNE, grrrr).  I was so bummed! 

So we rescheduled it today for 4:00 and I was so worried all afternoon because it was still chilly and really overcast.  Luckily though, when we got up there it was blue skies and probably 55 degrees or so, which felt great!  Mike had no idea where we were going.  It was really fun to be driving up there and him being like, "where are we going?!".  Anyway, here are some pics :)

Before the ride

IMG_3357

IMG_3359

 

The amazing view!

IMG_3367

 

Mike on Curly . . . He was an old horse that liked to eat A LOT along the way. 

IMG_3376

 

Me on Ben (I loved my horse!  He was so pretty and nice.  Oh and by the way, the guide said he's one of Robert Redford's old horses.  Neato :)

IMG_3384

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun surprise! I can here Mike now. The kids look so cute in the tub! Maddie is such the big sister.
Mom Murray

Mandie said...

I'm so glad that you guys had fun! I wish I could have been your guide. I'm so glad the weather worked in your favor, it looks like it was perfect. I don't know Ben but Curly was one of my favorites when I worked there. He has the funniest personality. Happy Father's Day!

Sarah Larsen said...

One of our all time fav. things to do!!!! At one of our all time fav. places!!! It is truely beautiful up there!!!!!

Cody and Jessie said...

You are such a cute wife! That sounds like it was a blast. It's fun to surprise the hubbies :)

Adams clan! said...

That is such an awesome fathers day gift. I bet he loved it! Its so beautiful there. It was good talking and getting to know you the other day. Check out my blog adamsfamily22.blogspot.com