Wednesday, March 05, 2008

First Real Food! (if you can call baby food that....)

We fed Max food for the first time last night.  He had sweet potatoes.  I didn't know how he was going to like it; Maddie wasn't really into it the first time we gave it to her.   I wasn't really wanting to start him on baby food yet, but I just love to see their little faces when they first taste food!  So I thought we'd give him just a little and take a few pictures. 

Well...he LOVED it.  I couldn't feed him fast enough.  He ate half the container, and that's only because I stopped!  I didn't want him to have too much the very first time he was eating. He was so funny!  He kept grabbing the spoon from my hand and trying to shove it into his mouth.  I guess I might have to start feeding him regularly now.  I'm not really looking forward to it, because it is such a MESS!   But if it's what he wants, I guess I'll do it :)

I love him so much.  He's such a cutie and brings our family so much joy!  We have such great kids. 

 

 IMG_3504

 IMG_3501

IMG_3529

 

IMG_3541

IMG_3545

IMG_3548

8 comments:

Andrea (Annie) said...

I'm tellin ya, your kids are the cutest! Max is so darn handsome and Miss Maddie is just a doll. I love checking out your blog. You post some great pics.

andrea garber said...

I think its awesome that Max loved having "real" food. Blake loved it too. I am telling you...I think our boys are a lot alike and I love it!

McLerran Family said...

So fun! I love watching their faces when they try new foods!

amy said...

So cute! I love when babies have real food for the first time. Your pictures are so great...the quality and especially the cute kids.

Brooke said...

I LOVE those pics. Blake said you got a new camera! Fun! Max is so dang cute, I absolutely love profile pictures of kids faces, I don't know why, I like to see the chub I guess.

Robin D said...

Your camera takes amazing pictures! Max looks so cute eating. Kalli did the same thing trying to grab the spoon. Kids are too funny.

Jody said...

He's getting so big! Yeah for you, my dear friend. What a wonderful family.

Lindy said...

So funny! Emily's only 3 mos and i'm already excited to give her tastes. I agree, it's the cutest thing!