Sunday, October 17, 2010

Max’s birthday, pumpkin patch, and more…

We love this time of year!  Lots of fun stuff to do and it’s Max’s birthday.  We went up to Black Island Farms for a field trip with Madi’s school.  I was glad Max was able to go and be a part of the action.  He loved it.  I just know he’s gonna love preschool next year…that is, if he ever gets potty trained :)

IMG_4076

IMG_4075

IMG_4064

IMG_4059

Sadly, Madi broke her thumb last week.  It was broken for about a day and a half before we even took her in.  She wasn’t complaining at all about it hurting; but she had fallen on it the day before and it was swollen HUGE.  So I finally took her in and yep, it was broken.  So she’s got a cast for about 2 more weeks.   I was so proud of her.  She was so brave during her x-ray and getting her cast.  She LOVES her cast.  I think that to her, it’s just another accessory. 

IMG_4058

She just is growing up so much lately.  Her teacher sent home a “reading” folder and basically said that Madi is ready to learn some more challenging stuff and so we could start having her read books.  I’ve been working a lot with her on 3 letter words (set, pet, bet; pig, fig, jig…that type of thing), and she has been doing awesome.  She really works hard to sound out the words and she gets so excited when she gets it right. 

Madi also has been learning to ride her bike without training wheels.  It basically took her just a few times of trying and she really caught on.  After about 15 minutes of practicing on the drive way, she rode around the block with Mike.  IMG_4135

MAX’S BIRTHDAY

Max had such a great birthday!!  He wanted a Spiderman party and cake.  And Ashley, Brian, and Tyson came down to spend the night and play games.  We all went out to dinner at Iggy’s (thanks Kaylene!) and then came home to open presents and have cake.  The kids went to bed good and then we all stayed up playing Qwirkle.  Such a fun game!! 

IMG_4081 

IMG_4099_edited-1

He gets entirely too distracted to smile for the camera when he’s opening presents :)

IMG_4083 

Max and Tyson looking like twinners in their matching hats and shirts. 

IMG_4103

We went to Lagoon yesterday and the kids were beyond excited to go.  They loved every bit of it.  And Lagoon has added a lot of cool kid rides since I had been their last. 

IMG_4113 

IMG_4115

IMG_4124 

IMG_4126

IMG_4130

This is just a cute video of Max leading the music during Family Home Evening.  He had to get a “stick” to lead with, just like choir conductors. 

1 comment:

Matthew and Kiley said...

Love the post! You guys look like you are having a lot of fun lately! I can't believe Madi can READ! That's awesome!