Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Time

We had such a GREAT Christmas this year!  It was so fun having Madi so excited about everything, and really understand it all.

Going out the door to the Nutcracker.  She was SO excited to see it!  She kept reminding Max the whole day that it was “just the girls”.   

IMG_2687

Madi with Aunt Ashley at the show

IMG_2688

This was a couple days before Christmas after I finally put all the presents under the tree. 

IMG_9669

They had fun looking around and seeing who’s was who’s.   

IMG_9674

My cute boy all dressed up for church.  I’m glad, he’s getting a little better at smiling for the camera! 

IMG_9661_edited-1

Madi in her Christmas dress

IMG_9665

This was at my brother’s house.  We had our Christmas Eve party there.  He bought, and remodeled, my parents old house a few years ago.  So it was fun to have Christmas Eve in the house I grew up in :).  Ashley decorated SO pretty.  We used all her nice china and stuff.    It’s hard to even see all the little details in this picture, but it was just gorgeous.   

IMG_2694

The kids table.  My kids were excited to use pretty goblets. 

IMG_2696_edited-1

IMG_2697 

We had a great dance party with some fun Christmas music.  Here’s Max busting out some awesome moves, with his cousins Olivia and Sadie. 

IMG_2704_edited-1

Madi dancing with her cousin Kevin

IMG_2708_edited-1

Talking to Grandma and Grandpa in Hong Kong with Skype. 

IMG_2715_edited-1

I LOVE this house.  I know it’s Marcus and Ashley’s place now…but it’s just feels like HOME. 

IMG_2725

Madi loved her wand and Barbie from Courtney

IMG_2727_edited-1

And Max loves his Moonsand from Nate.  I love little Sadie’s face in this one!  She’s such a cutie. 

IMG_2730_edited-1

This was right after Santa stopped by. 

IMG_2732

So excited to go downstairs and see!!

IMG_2741_edited-1

Max LOVED his GeoTrax and probably sat there and ran it for 45 straight. 

IMG_2750_edited-1

IMG_9677

Madi in her beloved Cinderella dress.  It was the only thing she asked for from Santa.  She’s lived in it since that morning. 

IMG_9680

IMG_9689

IMG_9691

IMG_9693

IMG_9696

Madi’s dance session

IMG_9707

IMG_9709

IMG_9717

I had to add some of these pictures from the day after Christmas.  She was dancing to the music in Enchanted.  I’m so glad I found this dress.  It’s really is such a pretty princess dress!  Here’s the conversation we had on this day:

Me: “Madi, you’re acting like such a pretty princess!”

Madi: “Mom, I’m not acting.  I am a princess”. 

HAHA!!  She said it so seriously, like she was highly offended that I suggested she was “acting”.   Mike was laughing.  He said it really is like she lives in an alternate universe.  Haha!   After that I explained to her how Heavenly Father is a King, and because she  is His daughter, she REALLY is a princess.  I told her how all the little girls in the whole world were really princesses, because they’re all daughters of a King.  And she was so excited.  She was jumping up and down yelling “YIPPEE!  I’m a real life Princess!”. 

I love my kids.  How did I get so blessed?  What a great Christmas we had!  Hope everyone else had great Christmases too! 

3 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

That is cute "I am a princess" such a girl thing to say... Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun christmas!

Jenny Ricks said...

I am so glad you guys had a great Christmas! How fun that you got to spend it in your old house growing up. That Cinderella dress is perfect!

Emily said...

That is a pretty Cinderella dress! So cute! ha ha. Looked like a good Christmas! We need to have Bay and Madi play sometime! They would have a blast being princesses together and dancing! :) Oh and Max looked so cute in his little dress-up picture! :)