Sunday, April 05, 2009

CANCUN!

We had such a great time!  Here's some proof :)

We left home last Saturday.  I love airplane pics.  I don't know why. 

IMG_0327

A picture of us on our first day at the beach.  We didn't have the greatest weather while we were gone.  It was always WAY windy.  But still beautiful.  The beach wasn't a great swimming beach, which was sad, bc I wanted to get in the water!  I guess the tides changed 3 months ago and kind of washed away the beach.  So there were some exposed rocks and it was really narrow. 

IMG_0328

On our 3rd day there we went to a park called Xcaret.  It's seriously amazing.  It's kind of like a nature amusement park or something.  We swam down rivers that were inside of caves (those pictures are on our water camera and I don't have them developed yet.  I'll post 'em when I get them). 

We also swam with dolphins!!  Definitely one of the coolest things ever.  We only got two pictures, because they charged an arm and a leg for each one.  But here they are! 

Mike wanted this picture, even though he's not looking at the camera, because it's showing the cuter-than-heck BABY dolphin swimming under it's mommy's belly.  The dolphins would just swim around us and we could touch them as they went by.  This baby never left that area under it's mom's belly.  SO CUTE!  I love how they just wanted to have fun all the time.  They would show off for us and do lots of tricks. 

2

1_edited-1

These are some pictures of the underground rivers we swam through from Xcaret's website. 

Xcaret

RioSubterraneo_08

This is the beach we played on.   We snorkeled in it, even though we had no idea what we were doing :)

Playa_09

Some of the ruins at Xcaret.  Flies attacked us right after this picture was taken.  NOT a good moment.  They were crazy!  One got stuck in my hair.  Lots of freaking out was going on. 

IMG_0340

 The obnoxious loud parrots.  Very pretty though!

IMG_0342

Walking down the jungle paths. 

IMG_0346

Pretty trails going to the aquarium

IMG_0348_edited-1

Mike hatching from a turtle egg. 

IMG_0352

Sorry, more pictures of the trail. 

IMG_0353

We saw huge old turtle's and sharks.  Maddie was way excited to see this because she LOVES Crush in Finding Nemo. 

IMG_0360

View's from our room:

On our balcony. 

IMG_0401

IMG_0404

We went to these pools mostly. 

IMG_0405

But there was also this pool. 

IMG_0406

This resort was one of the best I've ever stayed at.   It was immaculately clean and they had the BEST food that was CHEAP!  

IMG_0407

Some of the gardens and the resort...

IMG_0455

Mike and I ate at this pool bar almost everyday for lunch.  Best Chicken Caeser Salad ever!  And the Chicken Quesedilla is to die for.  We had yummy homemade guacamole and chips almost everyday with a Beachcomber drink. 

IMG_0408IMG_0430

This is while we were walking to the mall that was right on the corner by our hotel. 

 IMG_0421

Some crazy drivers here!  IMG_0422

We went to Hacienda Sisal one night.  It's a way nice restaurant where there's a Mexican show and buffet.  The food was AWESOME.    There were lots and lots of drunk people there.  I tried some of the Rice Pudding for dessert, but I didn't know they just pour alcohol in it.  I kept telling Mike, "something is wrong with that pudding!  It tastes so weird."  And that's when I realized it. 

IMG_0424

IMG_0427

IMG_0428_edited-1

Mike on our balcony.  The water is so BLUE. 

IMG_0436 

We ate at Captain's Cove one night for dinner.  Oh my word.  Tastiest food!  It's right on the water and we watched the sun set.  There was a crab crawling around in the water right below us.  It kind of freaked me out.  I like to EAT crab, but not watch it crawling around the ocean floor like a nasty sea-spider.  Creepy. 

IMG_0442

My yummy strawberry pina colada. 

IMG_0438

Delish sauteed Salmon and Shrimp.  YUM.   So pretty I almost didn't want to eat it.  Almost. 

IMG_0452

IMG_0448

Trying to take some pictures of ourselves overlooking the water. 

IMG_0467

IMG_0468

IMG_0469

Madilyn and Max had tons of fun with my parents while we were gone.  THANKS Mom and Dad!!  Maddie was on cloud nine because Sparky wanted to sleep with her every night.  Sparky is usually not very cuddly toward the grandkids, just because they can be rough with him sometimes.  But my parents said that Sparky always wanted to sleep with her.  AWWW!  They're best buddies.  My dad took these of Maddie sleeping :)

IMG_7905

IMG_7907

I have a few more pictures I'll post when we get our water camera film developed.  We had tons of fun and it was so nice to get home and see our kids again.  It was very refreshing and nice to just be with Mike.  I told him I thought we talked more on that trip that in the three years since we had Maddie! 

14 comments:

The Carlsens said...

Love all of the pictures. So pretty! I also like the picture of mike hatching out of the egg. I am so glad you guys got to go!

KMurray said...

Great pictures...I said a bunch of things on the ones you posted on Facebook. I am glad you had a great time and talked alot! See you soon less than a week now.

Rose said...

It looks like you had a great time! How fun! Love Love Love all the pictures!

Mandie said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I love all of the great pix. Congrats on such a great getaway. I'm glad your kiddos had fun too.

Becca said...

How fun!! Makes me want to go there... fun pics. Glad you guys are home.. sorry our weather still sucks! :)

Kira Jay said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! Great pictures! The water is so beautiful there!

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

What an amazing vacation! Holy cow it's super gorgeous! I am way jealous. You got so many awesome pictures. I'm glad you had such a fun trip. Sorry about the flys.

Sally Barrington said...

What a wonderful vacation! I love the blue blue water. I giggled when you said youthought you guys talked more in your tirp then in the last 3 years since you've had Maddie. I bet it feels like that most of the time with kids. lol. I was sad to hear that it was windy the whole time but not to sad since we had two snow storms while you were gone. Thanks for the fun update. Can't wait to see the water pics!

McLerran Family said...

Wow! What an awesome trip! It looks so beautiful. I'm glad you had a good time!

Ambo said...

It was so nice to see picture that are warm and sunny! I'm jealous!
Glad you had fun!

Cody and Jessie said...

So fun!!! I love all the pictures! It looks like you guys had such a great trip, and Cancun is beautiful! It makes me want to go to the beach again...

Tara said...

I am so jealous!! It looked like you had a blast and sounds like you really needed that. Im so glad you went! Make it an annual occasion! ha ha.

The Taggart's said...

I am so jealous! it looks like so much fun! What an awesome trip for the two of you. You look so gorgeous and happy!!!

Bybee Fam said...

Love the pictures it looks like it was so much fun! I'm incredibly jealous! Take me next time!