Ok, so this post is kind of just for journaling purposes; to help me remember what's on my mind. So feel free to skip it if you want :)
Today I was kind of being hard on myself about my body (...and what the childbearing years have done to it :). I think the stretch marks have kind of wreaked havoc on my self image. So I was tearing myself down and thinking about all the things I don't like about my body. It made me really look forward to the Resurrection and knowing that my body would be made perfect again. And then I thought, "What on earth am I thinking?! I am so thankful for my body".
I thought of the quote: “I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet…”. That's exactly how I felt tonight. And I'm thankful I had this little breakthrough. I'm really going to try and just be thankful that I have a healthy, whole, body. I've been able to bear children, which is the greatest gift I could have imagined. They're worth EVERY stretch mark and more :).
Anyway, I'm really going to try and start a new chapter of just appreciating my body and taking care of it, because I know there are so many people out there who would give anything to have a functional body.
6 comments:
AMEN! I have stretch marks and I really don't care! There is nothing that I could have done either to avoid getting them. Troy calls them "Mothers beauty marks!" I always remember your dad saying to me "if you make fun of your body you are making fun of Heavenly Father because he created you and thinks you're beautiful!" Yet, I am sure it was put at a 12 year version but it still applies. I think you look wonderful. To love others you have to love yourself!
Thanks for posting and help all of us remember to be thankful for our bodies as well. I'll make an effort to appreciate myself more too instead of tear myself down. You're awesome Emily! :)
It is so easy to think negatively about ourselves. Thanks for the in site.
Thanks for the thoughts! What great perspective. It's too easy to get down on ourselves... and you're right.. we have the great gift of bearing children! How amazing!
You have a great attitude. We definitely should be grateful for our bodies. My little pregnant belly is getting bigger, but knowing there's a little one in there makes it all worth it.
You are so sweet Emily. That is such a great thought because I think most of us are too hard on ourselves and forget what a miracle it is to have healthy funcioning bodies. We do need to be more greatful of what God has given us. Thanks for the thought!
Post a Comment