Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Picky, picky

Max is the PICKIEST eater!  Frustrating!  My sweet, happy, loving boy turns into a little stubborn monster when we're trying to get him to eat.  This is what he usually does to his plates of dinner.  Luckily though, he gave the noodles a shot and LOVED them!  Success! 

We're getting some major payback, because my in-laws have told me that Mike was a majorly picky eater when he was little.  Had it not been for chicken nuggets, he may not have survived childhood.  Well, we're getting it now with our little Max. 

Madilyn has always been a great eater, so this is new.  From day one she's LOVED veggies and fruit and basically anything good for her.  She would eat peas like candy.  Max, on the other hand, spits out any vegetable that comes in contact with his mouth.  Grrr.  I guess I'll have to just get him on some vitamins or something and keep trying.  Anyway, here are some pictures from mealtime :). 

IMG_7192

IMG_7196

IMG_7199

IMG_7207

IMG_7211

 

Messy Madliyn eating her dinner.  She didn't want to be left out :)

IMG_7195

 

Oh, and then here are some pictures of Max playing pick-a-boo.  I love it!  He always puts his hands behind his head and says "tick-a!".  My sweet boy!

IMG_7215_edited-1

IMG_7217

IMG_7213

6 comments:

The Carlsens said...

What a cute stubborn boy! I usually only see the Nield family in Max's face but in the very first picture I can see Mike in his face too!

Cody and Jessie said...

The very first picture of Max tipping over his plate made me laugh! He's funny. At least you have one great eater!

The Lindsey's said...

That is so frustrating! Both my kids are going through a stage right now. Bennett won't eat any meat unless it's chicken nuggets and Jordan won't even touch anything that looks like a veggie. I know how you're feeling =) It definitely makes for cute pictures though! oh, and we've got both our kids taking extra vitamins because of this. They LOVE their gummy vitamins =)

KMurray said...

Yep this is pay back time! LOL Mike drove me nuts and the thing that I realized is from way little they decide if they will eat it or not and it takes years to get them out of it. Good luck!
Mom/Mother-in-law

Robin D said...

My kids are taking turns right now. Kalli is eating anything and EVERYTHING in sight while Kaiden will sit at the table FOREVER after we're all done whining about not wanting to eat! Max is such a cutie and it certainly doesn't look like he's starving!
Also congrats on Maddie and the potty traning. Hopefully everything continues to run smoothly.

Mindy said...

Your pictures are so cute! Good job for capturing all those cute little moments that might have been forgoten! I think I'm only 4 or 5 weeks along- not very far. I go to the doctor on Monday, but as far as I can tell, I'm due July 25- 2 days before our anniversary!