So last night we wake up at about three in the morning to Maddie crying and saying she "spilled". When Mike went in there, she had thrown up EVERYWHERE. It was so sad; she was so scared and she hasn't ever thrown up before so she didn't know what was happening. Well, we stuck her in the shower and she was doing okay. We took her downstairs to watch a show and calm down and she threw up again :(. She basically threw up like 5 times and was so miserable.
At around 11:00 in the morning, she seemed to be doing ok, so we tried a tiny bit of gatorade and some dry cereal. Nope, not a good idea. It came back up once again. At this point she was SOOO tired from not sleeping good and just being weak. She kept BEGGING for water; it was so sad! I imagine she was so thirsty. Anyway, Mike gave her a blessing, and that helped her calm down right away and she fell asleep for two hours. We'll see how tonight goes! I'm hoping the rest of us aren't in for it too. Yikes.
Oh, and the one thing that REALLY stinks about the situation...our washer broke yesterday afternoon. It's still under warranty, but they can't get a fix-it guy here for two weeks. So we basically had nasty sheets, rags, 5 pairs of jammies, and blankets just sitting in our tub. We tried to rinse them out as best we could; and then we just had to wait till we could take them to Mike's sister's house to use her washing machine. I swear, Maddie has NEVER had the stomach flu, and she had to get it the DAY our washing machine breaks! Talk about bad luck!
6 comments:
When it rains it pours, huh? Hope everything is going good now! Hang in there. There's only one thing worse than sick kids- a sick husband!
Oh poor thing. I hope she is feeling better and i hope youall don't get it.
Oh.. I'm so sorry. I hope you guys are feeling better! I hate it when the little ones are so sick!
Oh Emily, what a rough weekend. It is so ironic that she got the stomach flu the night after your washer broke! Seriously you can use my washer any time this week. You know I don't mind at all. I hope she gets better soon. Hang in there and let me know if you need anything!
Poor thing!!! I hope she's feeling better!
Oh my gosh Em, I am so sorry. Sounds like that was a ROUGH couple of days. I'm not so sure I am ready for that. I don't handle throw up well. I hope both of your kids are feeling much better now!
Post a Comment