Friday, October 31, 2008

Fun night! (and a little depressing...)

We had a fun time at our neighborhood trunk-or-treat tonight.  Madilyn LOVED Halloween.  The first thing she said when she woke up this morning was "happy halloween!".  And she kept saying "boo" and "trick or treat" randomly throughout the day.  She liked her costume a lot and loved the chopsticks in her hair.  Max didn't really notice anything different about today :).  He just kind of went with the flow! 

Oh, so the trick or treating was fun.  But we had literally TWO trick or treaters come to our door.  SAD!  I had so much candy.  And unfortunately, I STILL have so much candy!  Last year we had a lot of trick or treaters come after the trunk or treat, so I thought lots would come tonight.  Nope!  It had started raining a little bit, so maybe that's why.  Anyway, I guess our kids will be getting Halloween candy in their stockings, because we have candy coming out our ears!

My mother-in-law got us these cute outfits from overseas.  Maddie loves Kai-Lan on Nick Jr, so I figured they'd work great for Halloween!  Max looked so funny in his.  It kinda drowned him, so he had a hard time walking in it.  But it was CUTE!

IMG_7025 IMG_7036

IMG_7029 

IMG_7047

IMG_7048

IMG_7056

IMG_7052

IMG_7050

16 comments:

Robin D said...

Sorry you didn't have any trick-or-treaters. If it were me I'd end up eating it all-which is not good!
You're kids look adorable! I love Maddie's chop sticks and Max looks so cute.

The Carlsens said...

I can't believe Maddie sat still for you to put her eyeliner on!

Mindy said...

They look so cute! I always freeze left over Halloween Candy so we don't feel like we have to eat it all once! :)

KMurray said...

The kids look darling! I am so glad I got the outfits. I guess Max should have worn Tyson's outfit it probably would have fit him. But he is still handsome. Maddie is so patient with you doing her hair and makeup she really is a girl!
Love Grandma/Mom/Mother-in-law

McLerran Family said...

They looked so cute! I loved their costumes!

Cody and Jessie said...

Your kids looked so cute in their little costumes! I especially love Max's! Ya, we have a whole bowl of halloween candy left over too... and I will probably end up eating it all! :(

chelseareeve said...

They were ADORABLE...I loved seeing them at the trunk or treat. I'm glad you guys came. I had the same problem a couple years ago. I finally decided to stay home to give out candy, because I thought it would be so much fun...well we had 4 trick-or-treaters. It makes me so sad. I thought living in a townhome that people would see it as a quick stop for a lot of candy...what is up with that?

Becca said...

Your kiddos looked SO adorable on Halloween! Those costumes looked so comfy! I wanted one! :)We have loads of candy too.. any ideas on what to do with it?

Cameron Family said...

Such cute costumes....IT is ashae the rain came after hearing it was going to be such a great Halloween. Bummer!

Brett and Rachael said...

YOur kids look so cute! Little China babies. :) Sorry about no trick or treaters but hey, more candy for you! :)

Heidi said...

So cute! I attempted some makeup on Belley and she flipped!!

Jessica said...

Very cute costumes!!! Your kids are so cute!

Adams clan! said...

I love those pictures, way cute! I think if they would of done it a different day then more people would of came to our doors. I guess you could use the candy as motivation for Maddie to get potty trained:)

Genessa said...

I think the same thing about yours! Gosh I think we really are getting old...maybe we should start planning for retirement soon. Their costumes look awesome by the way!

Brooke said...

Oh my cutest outfits! We had that a couple years ago..seriously like 2 trick or treaters and that was it. Glad you had fun besides that!

Bybee Fam said...

They are adorable! You are quite the photographer too