About a week before Madi was born my mom and I were shopping in a TJ Maxx. We saw this cute yellow blanket that was on clearance and my mom bought it for the baby. Little did we know that “yellow” would be such a prized possession for Madi!! She LOVES this blankie. It’s been through lots. Sickness, ouchies, every bedtime, vacations, camping, and show and tell (twice).
It even got left at a store once and we didn’t realize until we got home. Madi was so upset, and surprisingly, I was too!! Mike and Madi hurried back over as soon as he got home and Madi walked around yelling, “Yellow!! Where are you?!”. Thankfully they found it.
Anyway, I love Madi has a security blanket, and that she still loves it. It reminds me that she is still a little girl (because everyday I wonder why she has to grow up so fast!). It’ll be a bittersweet day when she outgrows her love of “yellow”. She loves all of her blankets (anyone’s who’s had to put her to bed knows that), but yellow holds a special place in her heart. And, as a result, mine too.
8 comments:
Her little baby picture us so cute!! I'm a full supporter of my kids and their love of their blankets. Cohen has a specific blanket he is attached to as well, and I love it :)
This is so sweet! I think I love her Yellow just as much as she does. It was so cute when we would go on walks and she had it in the stroller with her. Ahhhh Miss you guys!
So does this mean if Grandma makes her a new quilt she has to put yellow in it???
Oh on that purple one is from Qatar her only memory probably of her trip here!
the purple one is from qatar?
Yep! The purple one she got in Qatar from your mom. That one definitely is a close second to yellow. She LOVES it!
So cute! Bay is the same way with her blankie...is that Maddi's recent hair...the last pic? It is so cute! Love this post...so sweet.
Hey Emily! It's been awhile since I looked at your blog. This is such a cute post about "yellow". What a sweet little girl! Your kids are darling! And yes, I DO have to agree that your mom's Christmas decorations are beautiful!
Post a Comment