Sunday, June 06, 2010

June, already?!

I seriously can’t believe we’re halfway through the year.  I still think it’s spring…maybe because the weather was chilly for awhile.  We had a fun May with my mom in town, Mike’s parents in town, Madi’s end of year preschool program, our anniversary, my birthday, and mother’s day.  May is always a big month around here! 

The other day while I was cooking dinner the kids were playing quietly upstairs.  Madi snuck up behind me in the kitchen and totally scared me.  When I turned around, she was dressed like this:

IMG_3577_edited-1

Haha, it totally made me laugh!  I guess she found out where I keep the Halloween costumes :) 

A week or so ago was the ward campout.  It was a COLD weekend!  We all went up for the evening and dinner, but Mike and Max stayed the night.  It was so windy that night and I couldn’t sleep because I was so worried about them being cold.  When Kiley and I went up the next morning to meet the guys there,  Mike said it all went great!  They slept good and thankfully they didn’t freeze!

IMG_3552

IMG_3554

He was SO excited to sleep in the tent and be up there with “the camping boys” as he kept saying :)

IMG_3562

Madi getting ready to sing for a program

IMG_3523

Madi with some of her friends at school.  The boy on the left’s name is Landon.  He is so cute!  He was Madi’s very best friend at school all year.  The teachers always told us that they wanted to do everything together. 

IMG_3527

Madi and Landon

IMG_3546
Madi and Miss Kellie

IMG_3545

Madi and Miss Nettie

IMG_3544

Madi LOVED going to preschool.  It was sad because on the way home she started crying :(.  She just kept saying, “but I’m going to miss school so much…”.  She’s already excited to go back in the fall to the “big kid school”.  I’ve tried explaining to her that it’s the same school building but the bigger kids class.  Hopefully she gets that so she’s not disappointed!

While I was doing dishes one morning Max made himself a nice little bed on the coffee table.  Oh, and he’s following Elmo’s advice and pointing to his nose.  Good boy!

IMG_3473

Madi is such a girly girl!  I told her I wanted to take a picture of her doing one of the poses from her dance class, but she was sad because she thought her hair wasn’t pretty enough for a picture.  Because it was in a messy bun instead of a “long ponytail”.  Haha, what am I going to do with her when she’s a teenager?!  She’s pretty dramatic, but I love it and wouldn’t have it any other way :)

IMG_3480

Here are a couple of videos of songs from her program

Here is a little trick that Madi taught herself.  She was very proud!  It’s a “legs crossed summersault” :)

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Fun times! We just went camping ourselves this past weekend and loved it!