Sunday, November 01, 2009

HALLOWEEN!

This Halloween has been one of THE best ever!  I love having kids that are getting old enough to be really excited about everything.  Madi had her preschool Halloween Program and Carnival.  It was the cutest thing ever!  I would have had Max and Mike come with us if I would have known.  Madi told me while we were there, “this is the greatest party EVER!”

Patiently waiting to go to the school.  She loves sitting like this with her dress all around her.  I SO remember doing the exact same thing when I was little :)

IMG_2228_edited-1

IMG_2232

We had a ward Halloween Trunk-or-Treat on Friday night that we were planning on going to.  But the kids weren’t feeling great, and it was COLD!!!  Mike was also staying late at work because his office was moving to a new location, so we ended up staying home and putting the kids to bed early.  I was kind of bummed, because we’ve gone to it the last couple of years, and I think it’s pretty fun.  But oh well!  We got lots of trick or treating in on Halloween night and WAY too much candy.  So it all turned out fun!

My poor Max has those dumb canker sores all over in his mouth AGAIN!  He gets them anytime I get a cold sore :(.  I’m really hoping he grows out of it or something.   I feel so bad, because I’m sure he got it from me.  It must be his version of a cold sore or something???  I really am careful not to share with him when I get them.  So I think I must have shared a straw with him or something before I knew I had it.  I took him to the Dr. last week but all they could do was test him for Strep (which was negative).  So I guess there’s nothing we can do for him.  He is SO miserable.  I don’t blame him!  Anyway, we wanted to at least take him to a few houses so he could experience it.  At first I didn’t think we’d even be able to take him, he was pretty sad.  But luckily he perked up and had a TON of fun! 

This is how the night began….

IMG_2256_edited-1

IMG_2282 

One of the big sores on his lip.  (Excuse the drool…)

IMG_9322

But once he started playing he was a happy kid.  YAY!

IMG_9335_edited-1

IMG_9348

IMG_9351

IMG_9352

Here he is intimidating our neighbors.  He’s saying RAWRRRR!!!

IMG_9362_edited-1

IMG_9364

My little Minnie Madi :)  She giggled every time I called her that. 

IMG_9243

IMG_9264

Sadly, it was getting dark and I forgot the flash for this picture, so it’s kinda blurry.  But I had to include it.  His face is so SWEET!

IMG_9388

Madi and her cute friend Ava. 

IMG_9355

This is what Max wanted to do after every door, take the candy out and eat it. 

IMG_9392

IMG_9396

It was SO adorable seeing them walk up to the houses and say “Trick or Treat”.  Even Max would say it so good.  They had so much FUN!!  I already can’t wait for next year :)

IMG_9411

5 comments:

CrzyJess said...

Max and Madi look so dang cute! I love their costumes.

Hannah White said...

Your kids are adorable! I love her Minnie dress. So stinkin cute!

Emily said...

SO CUTE! That dragon costume is awesome! I loved having them trick or treat at my house...if Bay was a dragon on Halloween then we would have had a Minnie and a dragon when your Minnie and dragon came knocking! So funny! But Bay was a dragon for the trunk or treat and wanted to switch it up! Hope Max feels better.

KMurray said...

Adorable! Just like I said to Ash next time I come can I take them home?

Jenny Ricks said...

Those costumes are so cute! I LOVE the Minnie Mouse one. You always take such great pictures!