Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

So, as many of you already know, I LOVE to bake.  I really enjoy the whole process.  Which is kind of too bad, because it makes me bake WAY too much.  I don't need all the treats around, that's for sure.  Anyway, stuff that has yeast in it has always freaked me out.  Breads, rolls, and of that just made me nervous.  I think it's because I don't like it when stuff has to raise.  It's so out of my control, and I just always hope it will actually work.   Lately, I've been trying to make more stuff with yeast in it, and today was Cinnamon Rolls! 

I've never made them before, but my mom used to a ton when we were growing up.  So I got the recipe from her.  It's one that's been passed down for generations, and it has mashed potatoes in it!  I hadn't ever heard of rolls with mashed potatoes in them, but YUM.  It's good. 

Anyway, I had to post pictures of them because I'm excited.  I know, I'm a dork! 

IMG_7929

IMG_7930

IMG_7945

Here are a few pictures of Maddie.  She got jealous when I was taking pictures of rolls and not her, so she wanted some pictures too!

IMG_7933 

IMG_7942

IMG_7943

7 comments:

The Carlsens said...

Okay the cinnamon rolls were awesome and Madilyn looks so cute and grown up with those earrings. How did today go with them? Does she just love them?

Mandie said...

Can I just say those were amazing and if it's possible I want the recipe. You are so sweet to bring them over. When I saw your facebook status I was about to come over and ask for my sampler ; ).
Thanks, you are the sweetest!

Brett and Rachael said...

Maddie looks so cute in these pictures! What a doll. And I love her new pierced ears!! I' so suprised that they didn't do them both at the same time! Usually they do that for the little ones, weird. Anyway she looks adorable. I hope you got the blog invite I sent you ok. Let me know if you didn't.

KMurray said...

Can Maddie get any cuter?! I don't think so! :)

Jessica said...

Emily...You cannot post beautiful pictures of cinnamon rolls...and not post the recipe as well...however, we all understand if it is a top secret family recipe...but we would love it if you would share:)

lramey said...

now that i just drooled all over my keyboard....

your girly is sooooo cute!!!!

Cody and Jessie said...

The second picture of Maddie is so beautiful!! And your cinnamon rolls were amazing too... I don't think I have told you that yet. They totally made my evening that night :) I'm going to have to try out that recipe sometime. I'm glad you posted it!