Monday, January 07, 2008

Ahhh, the jumperoo

Madilyn always loved the jumperoo when she was a baby,  and now Max is getting big enough to join in the fun!  He loves looking at the blue kangaroo in front of him, and although Maddie mostly plays with the toys on it while he's in there, he still enjoys it. 

Poor Madilyn has had a very rough few days :(.  She got Herptic Gingivostomatitis.  Basically she has canker sores all over inside her mouth, her gums are way swollen and painful, and she's got a couple sores on her lips.  She had a fever on Friday night, but she was acting fine so we gave her some Advil and sent her to bed not thinking much of it.  The next day she kept getting crankier and crankier, and so I made an appointment with her Dr.  Right before I went to the Dr. I noticed she had a HUGE canker sore on her bottom lip, and I thought maybe that was the problem.

So then I felt dumb taking her to the Dr. but I didn't dare cancel.  Luckily I didn't, because right when the Dr. took a look at her mouth she knew what it was!  Because we went in within 24 hours of her fever appearing they gave us an antiviral to give her for 7 days.  The Dr said it wouldn't cure it but maybe it would cut down on the severity of the sores and fever.  The Dr. said it's extremely painful and gave us some Tylenol with Codeine for her. 

Anyway, so Maddie was feeling yucky from that and then on Sunday she fell and hit the corner of her eye on our coffee table HARD.  We kept wondering if she needed stiches, but we couldn't get the blood cleaned off enough to see the cut.  So we put her in the bath, and then were able to see that it didn't need stiches, thankfully!  She now she has a bad black eye, a scab by it, and 2 sores on her lips along with a mouth full of sores :(.  Poor girl!  Anyway, hopefully she'll get feeling better soon.  The virus is at it's worse from 3-5 days, and then tapers off until the sores disappear at about 2 weeks. 

Well here are some pictures of Max from the last couple of days.  He's getting big!!  At 2 1/2 months he was 13 lbs 2 oz and 23 1/2 inches long!  Oh and these pictures are before I gave him another haircut yesterday!  Until next time!

  IMG_2484_edited

IMG_2485_edited

IMG_2490_edited

9 comments:

amy said...

Oh, I love his little face! So sad about Maddi...that is awful! I hope she gets feeling better soon!

Robin D said...

What a cutie! I can't believe he's already needing haircuts at 2 1/2 months!
I feel so bad for Maddie. A neighbor kid had that once and he lost so much weight b/c he couldn't eat anything b/c the sores were all down his throat too. I hope she gets to feeling better and don't bring her out in public w/ that black eye...someone might call child services! :)

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for Maddie! Tough times. Max has such big eyes and looks so strong. I just love my grandkids!
Love Grandma Murray

Cameron Family said...

What cute kids you have! I can't believe all tha hair on max....And your poor little girl. That is so sad. It is never fun when the dont feel good, but to know they are in lots pf pain makes it even worse. Hope she deels better soon!

ajensen said...

Poor girl! That is a lot in a short amount of time.

Your kids are SOOO cute.

Im glad to know you have a blog so I can see what is happening in your life! :)

ajensen said...

Okay if I add you to the Friends and Family list on our blog?

McLerran Family said...

I'm glad you found my blog! I love finding fellow bloggers.

I'm so sorry that Maddi has been so sick! That is so sad. Don't worry about the Activity Day stuff. I'll try and run it over to you some time this week. Max looks so big and he's adorable!

Brooke said...

That is so sad about Maddie--herptic what? Poor girl, and then to get a black eye on top of it all. Ok-Max looks just like Maddie in those pictures,he's so cute!

andrea garber said...

I think that you and Mike should make lots and lots of babies because you make some really beautiful kids! I love all of your pictures. And yes kids grow up too fast. Make them stop!